Sunday, October 31, 2010

Give credit to WHOM credit is due!

I think we give ourselves too much credit.

We act as if we achieve and possess things because of our own doing. We tend to credit earning degrees with studying hard, financial success with working hard, home ownership with a good credit score along with a substantial savings account, and beautiful families with good mate selection and good genes. We often forget and/or don't acknowledge the fact that none of these things would be possible without God.

My son is happy & healthy not JUST because of awesome parenting but MOSTLY because God keeps him safe, protected, and surrounded by love. I am employed in a tough economy not JUST because I am skillful, knowledgeable, and experienced in my career but MOSTLY because God has placed me at this particular job at this very time for a divine purpose. I am currently working on my Master's degree not JUST because I finally decided upon and applied to a program but MOSTLY because God has a greater plan for my life that includes higher education. It's even as simple as the fact that I do not wake up in the morning JUST because I set an alarm clock but ABSOLUTELY because God touches me, allowing me to breathe, granting me the opportunity & grace of another day!

Let us not mistake WHO really pays the mortgage, car note, daycare and all of those unexpected expenses. Let us not forget WHO allowed us to move up the corporate ladder, obtain degrees, and/or become entrepreneurs. Let us not forget WHO blessed us with beautiful children and family & friends who support and encourage us to be our best selves. Let us not be foolish enough to believe that we play the lead role in our lives and God acts as a supporting character but let us humble ourselves and be wise enough to understand that it is truly the other way around. Nothing happens by our own doing but simply because God is who He is... AWESOME!

I pray to always remember who deserves all the credit for my life. Luke 1:37 says, "Nothing is impossible with God" & Matthew 19:26 reads, "With God, all things are possible". WOW! Ain't that something?! Please take the time out each and every day to give credit to WHOM credit is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP