Saturday, February 6, 2010

"sole" searching

Serious issue: I am overly attached to a particular pair of old shoes... Over the past 5 years, I've worn these shoes to work, on dates, to my favorite place (Wally World), family gatherings, outings with friends, & everywhere and anywhere in between. These shoes were even there as I said goodbye to my Grandma :(. They used to be a perfect fit... and would gently & easily slide onto my feet. However, as the years have passed, I seem to have outgrown them... more and more each year... yet somehow I still manage to squeeze into them every now and then because even though they aren't comfortable, in some weird way they bring me "comfort". My toes are all jumbled inside, screaming to be released from restraints and confinement that I have inflicted upon myself because I am too stubborn to just get rid of these played out, old, dirty, smelly, ugly, worthless shoes! I would donate them to Goodwill but there are some things that just aren't even worth passing along to someone else. Granted, someone else may want to wear the shoes... its easy to become impressed with the initial charm they present; a false and temporary charm. But there comes a day, in every woman's life, to be out with the old and in with the new... And after doing some serious soul searching, I realize that there is a pair of shoes out there perfectly made for me and those shoes are going to take better care of my feet than any shoe has! Besides, its far past time for me to do some real SOLE searching... so let the shoe shopping begin ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP