Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks... Not Just on Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

My heart is equally as full as my stomach today, for so many reasons. In the coming days, two beautiful, driven, young women will be laid to rest having recently lost their lives in a tragic car accident in Greenville, NC. I wish we could turn back time but I'm trying so hard to understand that God makes no mistakes. My heart hurts beyond our shared sisterhood in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. but it hurts as a young woman, a mother, and simply as a human being. I ask that we continue to lift these families up in prayer that God may give them comfort and peace now and forever.

As we can see, life is so very short. There are so many wonderful things for which I am thankful....

My healthy and happy son who is the absolute greatest joy of my life

My family and friends who show me love, support and encourage me to be my very best self

To be a part of the GREATEST sorority in the world and most especially to be one of the 77 Wonders -- these are some anointed, praying women of God who surround me on every side and consistently stand in the gaps

To be employed in a struggling economy which enables me to provide for my son; maintaining our most basic needs & even having the luxury of some of the things we want

I am so thankful to be at peace in my mind & heart about life itself and the experiences that I've had because I know that I know that I know that God is in control of ALL things and is working everything out for my good! There are so many other things that I am thankful for that there simply aren't enough words to fill this blog to truly express what I feel. If I had 10,000 tongues, I couldn't thank Him or praise Him enough! Let us be mindful to give thanks at all times, not just on Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP